Website Hormel Foods
Maintenance Engineer 2nd shift – Rochelle, IL
To save time applying, Hormel Foods does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas for this position at this time.
ABOUT HORMEL FOODS — Inspired People. Inspired Food.™
Hormel Foods Corporation, based in Austin, Minn., is a global branded food company with over $9 billion in annual revenue across more than 80 countries worldwide. Its brands include SKIPPY®, SPAM®, Hormel® Natural Choice®, Applegate®, Justin’s®, Wholly®, Hormel® Black Label®, Columbus® and more than 30 other beloved brands. The company is a member of the S&P 500 Index and the S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats, was named on the “Global 2000 World’s Best Employers” list by Forbes magazine for three straight years, is one of Fortune magazine’s most admired companies, has appeared on Corporate Responsibility Magazine’s “The 100 Best Corporate Citizens” list for the 12th year in a row, and has received numerous other awards and accolades for its corporate responsibility and community service efforts. The company lives by its purpose statement — Inspired People. Inspired Food.™ — to bring some of the world’s most trusted and iconic brands to tables across the globe. For more information, visit www.hormelfoods.com and http://csr.hormelfoods.com/.
- Makes departmental decisions regarding maintenance (maintenance management)
- Develops an understanding of the equipment and manufacturing processes
- Trains and supervises mechanics, electricians, plumbers and other skilled trades
- Offers sound technical and engineering advice for facilities performance improvement
- Utilizes a CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System)
- Uses CAD to gather information and design custom alterations to equipment
- Selects vendors for equipment purchases
- Troubleshoots mechanical processes
- Installs and starts-up new equipment and processes
- Develops creative ideas to cut costs
- Supervises equipment design changes
- Monitors and controls energy use
- Researches alteration requests and provides justification
- Negotiates and oversees contract work
- Plans, authorizes, delegates and follows-up with maintenance work-orders, schedules preventive maintenance for equipment
- Ensures safety and security of physical plant and facilities
- Verifies and completes administrative work
- Communicates department projects with plant management
- A minimum of 3 years of Maintenance Engineering experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Technology, Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Agriculture Engineering, or a related field.
- Innovative, have good technical and mechanical knowledge, and possess excellent interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills
- Must be a Citizen or National of the United States, a lawful, permanent resident, or have authorization to work in the United States
- Applicants must not now, or any time in the future, require sponsorship for an employment visa.
BENEFITS: Hormel Foods offers an excellent benefits package. Competitive base salary plus bonus, annual merit increase performance reviews, medical, dental, vision, non-contributory pension, profit sharing, 401(k), stock purchase plan, relocation assistance, paid vacation, FREE two-year community/technical college tuition for children of employees, and more.
- Maintenance Engineering is often the stepping stone to corporate engineering, project engineering, design engineering, or plant management.
- Additional opportunities may exist in different departments, facilities, or subsidiaries
- Hormel Foods’ “promote-from-within” philosophy rewards outstanding performance
The base pay range for this position $80,000 to $105,000 per year; however, actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to job-related knowledge, skills set, level of experience, and specific office location.
At Hormel we invite difference and diversity in all aspects. We offer a space of support, understanding, and community. We are committed to the journey! Learn more about our progress here: https://www.hormelfoods.com/about/diversity-and-inclusion/
Hormel Foods Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit ekkh.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.